Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Musical Images or Jingle Gypsies?

These last couple of days, I've been the middle man in meetings between a few clients and a broker of Musical Images ("Jingle" is such a dirty word!).

The big question is: "Do jingles work?"

Yes. And no.

Your mind remembers sounds very well...think of your ABC's...recite them right now & I promise you that you'll stop at "G", "P", "V" and "Z. It's that tune we learned them with. At the same time, we learned how to spell B.O.L.O.G.N.A. from a song. The examples of proper use of music are countless. BUT... It can be done VERY wrong too.

One of my clients just sent me his mockup this week...he plays in a bar band so he did his own "jingle"...I won't let him air it...it's THAT bad!

So, should you use a jingle? I can't answer that...but I will say that it had better be good and it better say something to your customers. I mean, if you really want to throw money away that badly, you can just buy me a couple of Scotches & we'll talk about it more!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free html hit counters
Oreck XL Air Purifier