Tuesday, February 05, 2008

How Clear Is Your Message?


I'm a huge fan of the Wizard of Ads. Roy Williams has been directing major corporations' advertising for decades and he recently wrote a piece about Clarity and Creativity. Since this is the week after the Superbowl, it's a great time to reflect on the Clarity and Creativity in your own advertising.

How many times have we said it on Superbowl Monday: "That was a funny commercial...but, I don't remember the company." This year we had several of those; the one with the squirrel and the one with the heart that popped out of the lady. By the way, Bridgestone and Careerbuilder.com.

Your message has to be witty enough to get into the consumers' brain (and by witty, I don't necessarily mean funny)...but it also needs to clearly say who you are, what you do and why I need it.

How good is your stuff? Drop me a line & we can talk about it. You may be right on the money, you may need a small tweek. I can help you Say Something Important!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free html hit counters
Oreck XL Air Purifier