Monday, May 12, 2008

Have you goofed up today?



This past weekend I was speaking to a group of over 100 people. I had the whole deal; a stage, a microphone, a powerpoint presentation, a video. It was slick. And I had a technical glitch that created a bit of a problem. Actually, at the moment, I thought it was a complete disaster. I "covered" it best I could, but I was SURE I had hosed my credibility with these folks from the get-go.



But I kept diggin'...

The day went on & our guests had a great time. Lunch came & I had to make another short talk from the stage...no problems, they're smiling. By the end of the day, any issue that happened in the morning was long forgotten, replaced by memories of the fun & knowledge they gained over the hours. In fact, I was invited to dinner with them AND asked to speak to them about teamwork & motivation.

Wow! And I thought I had screwed the proverbial pooch!

Here's the lesson; be great at what you do. We'll all make mistakes, we're human. However, its HOW we deal with them that leaves the lasting impressions with our clients, friends and families.

Need a hand learning how to cover the occasional slip? Drop me a line & I'll show you that you can do it when you Say Something Important.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free html hit counters
Oreck XL Air Purifier