Saturday, October 14, 2006

Proofreading: The Lost Art. Redux.

A few months ago, I wrote about a business who had a mistake on their TV commercial. Just so you know, that client is still on the air...and so is the goof.

This morning, I saw another one. As you may know, I'm a sportscar guy and as a fan of both cars & marketing this one really bugs me. A Mazda dealership is advertising the new Mazda MX-5 Miata sportscar. Right there on the screen, they spelled Miata "Maida." Yep. It wasn't caught by the company who produced it. It wasn't caught by the client. It's on the air influencing people...the wrong way.

Think about what you want people to know about you, then make sure that's what you're telling them. When you'd like a hand with that, drop me a line.

Personally, I'll never shop at that Mazda store...because they don't care to Say Something Important.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free html hit counters
Oreck XL Air Purifier