Wednesday, February 07, 2007

SuperBowl ads...you know I've got an opinion!

Sure, eveyone expects whiz-bang or hy-larious commercials during the SuperBowl these days.

But do they work?

Sitting at lunch with my wife & my sister in law today...they laughed at the Check Out Girl ad (don't remember what it was for), they grossed out at the one with the soapy guys on the car.

The Taco Bell spot with the Lions rolling their "r's" was a fave. So was the David Letterman / Oprah promo.

There were some great laughs for sure, but the Superbowl tends to have companies...er, AD Agencies, working all year long for a one-off hurrah. Its bragging rights in the creative industry. And much of it stinks if you compare it to proper brand building ad campaigns.

So which did I like? The Budweiser spot called "Spot - Wink" with the dog.


Why do I like it so much? Because it stays true to the Budweiser brand: the Clydesdale Horses are instantly recognizeable to Bud. It's witty, but continues building on the brand identity!

Genius!

Okay, I need to give an honorable mention to Cheerwine! Cheerwine is a southern tradition...sort of a cherry flavored soda pop, I think it tastes like a cross between a Dr Pepper & a Faygo Redpop (Detroiters know!). They had an ad that ran here in the South, where there has been a big influx of "Yankees" lately...many from New York!
name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/610toMVAq_I" />

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free html hit counters
Oreck XL Air Purifier