Monday, October 27, 2008

Letters of Recommendation...so to speak


Spellcheck. The program I'm using to type this on has one. Press a button & you've got it. Perfect.

The newer thing is Grammarcheck. Same idea, but it can tell when you're using the "right" version of a word.

Why the basic English lesson today? Because a businessman I know failed to press the button before he sent out his recent newsletter.

His company is a small franchise that competes against nationally known & advertised companies. He has to prove that he is better by offering better service & gaining our trust with a feel-good message. And something as simple as a type-o in an email can screw the proverbial pooch for him.

Would YOU trust your work, your project, your reputation with someone who doesn't know the difference between "Here" and "Hear"? I'll be frank; I don't think I would. It's a simple mistake, one that millions of us make everyday. However, when you're trying to convince me to trust you, it's a costly mistake.

So, HOW can you prevent these mistakes? Let someone else do the work for you. As a business owner, you've got gobs of things to do. Far too many balls to juggle. For something like this, a professional writer & editor is just the trick. Don't know one? Perfect...turns out, I do.

I can help you Say Something Important...and, I can do it spelled correctly!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free html hit counters
Oreck XL Air Purifier