Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The Microphone is your Friend!

This week, the National Association of Broadcasters is holding it's annual convention...and this year it's here in Charlotte. This is a big deal: all the major companies, LOTS of suits and plenty of "radio guys" are here...along with TV, internet and legislators.



It's hard to believe that I've been part of the broadcasting community for 22 years, but the grey hairs at my temples (and in my fashionably young goatee) give me away. I've always loved that action; the pressure to perform at a moment's notice; coordinating a cast of volatile characters and putting on a show that (to the casual listener) sounds completely off the cuff, while everyone involved knows how much work takes place.

Of course, it's been wonderful to take my experience gained through broadcasting and turn it around to help small businesses grow. It's that real world knowledge that has given rise to SaySomethingImportant.com and the home runs we've had.

If you happen to be here in Charlotte for the NAB, drop me a line or give me a buzz on the phone. I'd gladly let you buy me lunch!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free html hit counters
Oreck XL Air Purifier